Chat Now

Your Roadmap To The Connected Enterprise

Picture for category Your Roadmap To The Connected Enterprise

CBT partner Rockwell Automation understands the challenges of making the technology changes that capture connected opportunities because – as a global manufacturer dealing with the same challenges – Rockwell Automation underwent its own journey. To help customers make the technology and cultural changes essential to reach The Connected Enterprise goals, Rockwell Automation developed a five-stage process that can help protect your operation against emerging Internet of Things threats and take the first steps to operational excellence. Rockwell Automation and CBT have teamed up to provide you with a roadmap to The Connected Enterprise. 

Machine Guarding Made Easy

Picture for category Machine Guarding Made Easy

In 2014, machine guarding was the sixth-most cited serious OSHA violation, with more than 2200 citations issued. Safeguards are essential for protecting workers from preventable injuries. According to OSHA, any machine part, function, or process that may cause injury must be safeguarded. When the operation of a machine or accidental contact injure the operator or others in the vicinity, the hazards must be eliminated or controlled.

VIDEO: Death On The Job In America

Picture for category VIDEO: Death On The Job In America

Executives at Cintas thought they had provided a safe workplace for their employees only to experience a worker fatality in March 2007. Eleazar Torres Gomez fell into a dryer at the Cintas facility in Tulsa, Okla., while trying to clear a jam of wet uniforms on a moving conveyor belt. Watch this 2010 Nightline video to learn more about the Cintas story and how OSHA is working to keep workers across the country safe. 

Register Today for Automation Fair

Picture for category Register Today for Automation Fair

Attend Automation Fair to see how The Connected Enterprise can help you achieve faster time to market, optimize your assets, lower your total cost of ownership, and improve enterprise risk.

Rockwell Automation's Journey to the Connected Enterprise

Picture for category Rockwell Automation's Journey to the Connected Enterprise

This article originally appeared on Control and IndustryWeek. With all the performance-boosting technology solutions that Rockwell Automation brings to bear on behalf of its industrial customers, it's sometimes easy to forget that Rockwell Automation is a global manufacturer in its own right. As such, it shares many of the same challenges that its customers around the world face—and benefits from those same technology solutions. At the welcome keynote address at the RSTechED conference in Orlando, Fla., Rockwell Automation executives shared with nearly 2,000 conference attendees from 39 countries the company's ongoing journey to realize its vision of a "Connected Enterprise," in which increasingly intelligent devices and assets, together with secure and ubiquitous network connectivity, enable individuals to make better decisions more quickly than ever before.


INFOGRAPHIC: Enhancing Your Industrial Security

Picture for category INFOGRAPHIC: Enhancing Your Industrial Security

In light of the high profile breaches at Target, Home Depot, and Ashley Madison, businesses are taking a closer look at their network security and are finding it challenging to keep up with the increasing number of risks.

No single product, technology, or methodology can fully secure Industrial Automation and Control System (IACS) applications.

CBT Takes Home Marketing Award

Picture for category CBT Takes Home Marketing Award

We are thrilled to announce the CBT Marketing team took home a Best of the Best award last week at the annual NAED AdVenture Marketing Conference in Chicago, Ill. Every year, tED Magazine's awards program "honors marketing excellence and recognizes creativity within the electrical industry in companies of all sizes in a number of marketing/communication categories." CBT took home the crystal star for our 2014 Springboro Open House.

WEBINAR: Understand NEMA, IEC Standards & Certifications

Picture for category WEBINAR: Understand NEMA, IEC Standards & Certifications

CBT partner Baldor Electric Company will be featured in a Chemical Processing Magazine webinar at 2:00 p.m. Thursday, August 20. The webinar, Understanding NEMA and IEC Standards and Certifications for Hazardous Areas, will focus on the differences between NEMA and IEC motor standards and the terminology used by each authority for hazardous areas. According to Chemincal Processing Magazine, 26 percent of the global market uses NEMA low voltage motors, while the remaining 74 percent of the market uses IEC motors.