This course provides information on identification, maintenance, and installation of bearings and their applications.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify and explain the purpose for bearings.
- Discuss the basic terms associated with bearing design and construction.
- Identify and recognize the major components of various bearings.
- Demonstrate proper bearing maintenance and lubrication techniques.
- Demonstrate the proper installation and removal of bearings.
- Examine a bearing and analyze to determine cause of failure.
- Force, stress, and friction
- Terminology and bearing design
- Bearing materials
- Friction and anti-friction bearings
- Lubrication methods
- Clearance checks
- Bearing mounting
- Preload considerations
- Setting tapered roller bearings
- Fixed and float bearings
- Roller bearing removal
- Wear analysis
- Failure analysis
- Failure reduction
- Lab exercises
- Written exam
View Course Agenda